Students are taught in traditional classrooms, using primarily ABEKA materials. This program features the following:
1. Christian truths and values integrated in the curriculum through challenging academic work.
2. A system of directed teaching methods that allows individual differences within a structured program.
3. Curriculum which is up-to-date, attractive, and free of humanism.
4. An eclectic approach gives our teachers the ability and freedom to use their creativity to enhance the learning process.
Makua Lani is a Kamehameha School Collaborator and accepts the Kipona Scholarship for 6th grade students. The application process for the 2021-2022 school year is open to eligible students and can be found at ksbe.edu
The Middle School features the following:
- Reading: novels, book reports, short story exploration
- English: recognition of the eight parts of speech and usage, inclusive grammar review, creative writing, expository writing, speech, spelling, vocabulary develoment, research, journals
- Arithmetic: basic operations, English and metric systems, factoring, fractions, decimals, percents, graphs, geometry, pre-algebra, negative numbers, powers, roots
- Bible instruction
See it for yourself
The best way to experience Makua Lani is to see it for yourself.
Come visit our campus and meet the students, teachers, and administration.
Schedule a Tour